- Course start date:
- 12 Sep 2017
- Course end date:
- 29 Jun 2018
- 09:00 - 17:00
A-Level Sport and Physical Education is a two year course which will give you the opportunity to study a range of topics such as analysis and evaluation of physical activity as a performer, evaluating contemporary issues within sport, healthy and active lifestyles and optimising practical performance in competitive situations.
You will complete the AS-Level in the first year and the A2 in the second to form a full A-Level.
Students who enjoy and successfully complete this subject typically progress onto a range of degree courses at University including Sports Science, Sports Studies and Leisure Management. Students will experience interactive and innovative approaches to learning on the Sport course. Lecturers ensure that students undertake a range of interesting and exciting activities within lessons to underpin learning and develop.
The course can be taken in the following ways:
- As a stand-alone part-time course.
- As an ‘add on’ to a Full Time Level 3 Study Programme at the College, for example alongside a BTEC Extended Diploma.
- As part of a study programme with another two A-Levels (full-time package).
What will I learn?
The course consists of four modules and over the two years you will study:
- Opportunities for, and the effects of, leading a healthy and active lifestyle (applied physiology, skill acquisition, opportunities for participation and application of theoretical knowledge to a practical situation)
- Analysis and evaluation of physical activity as a performer and/or in an adopted role/s
- Optimising performance and evaluating contemporary issues within sport (physiology, psychology and contemporary issues)
- Optimising practical performance in competitive situations
How will I be assessed?
All students will complete both a practical assessment and external written examination to gain their grade.
Students can progress to university to study a variety of courses, including Sports Science, Sports Studies, Leisure Management, Teaching, Sports Therapy. Many other avenues are also available with links to Hotels, Leisure Centres and the Outdoor Adventure sector.
5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or 4) in any examined subject. Must include English Language and Maths.
You will also need GCSE B in Sport/PE and suitable sporting or coaching ability.
If you would like to apply for the full-time package (3-4 AS-Levels) please complete a full-time application form.
If you would llike to study this course part-time, please contact the tutor:
Josh Litten - Josh.Litten@kendal.ac.uk
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Sport, AS-Level
Also in A LevelsStudying A Levels with us
Also in Sports and Outdoor Adventure
- → Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise), Level 2 Certificate (Spring Sale)
- → Personal Training, Level 3 Certificate
- → Sport, Level 2
- → Sport - Outdoor Adventure, Level 3
- → Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness), Level 3