Professional Cookery, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Course end date:
- 05 Aug 2020
The Hospitality Apprenticeship is a 12-18 month programme.
The Apprenticeship has a variety of routes for people working within the Hospitality Industry. The Apprentice Framework includes the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery, Food and Beverage Service, Housekeeping, Hospitality Services or Front of Office which are competency based qualification. The Diploma has a variety of mandatory units including Health, Safety and Security, Effective Working Relationships, Food Safety, and Customer Care. The learner then chooses from a selection of optional units relevant to their chosen route and workplace.
The Framework also includes a Technical Certificate which is the Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality Practices and Principles.
Part three of the framework includes Functional Skills in English and Maths are also part of the framework . (Previous qualification in English and Maths can form exemptions for the function skills).
What will I learn?
Skills and knowledge will be delivered in the following areas:
- Health Safety and Security
- Effective working Relationship
- Customer Service
Specific skills will also be developed in your chosen route:
- Professional Cookery
- Food and Beverage Service
- Front of House
- Hospitality Services
How will I be assessed?
The main Diploma is a competency based qualification. The candidate will build a portfolio to prove competency and will be assessed in the workplace using a variety of different methods; direct observation, question/answers, projects, witness statements, candidate narratives.
The Technical Certificate will be assessed by multiple choice tests.
The Functional Skills in English will be assessed by two written exams and two oral exams, finally the Maths will be assessed by an exam.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
Recognised qualification for your CV.
Enhance skills and knowledge which could lead to a Supervisory position.
This could then lead onto the first stage in a career within the Hospitality Industry.
It is recommended that you have an English and Maths GCSE.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in. Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Professional Cookery, Level 2 Apprenticeship
Also in Hospitality and Catering
- → Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie & Confectionery), Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- → Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking), NVQ Level 3 Diploma
- → Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma
- → Wine and Spirits, Level 2 Award
- → Cake Decoration