HNC/ HND in Business Management/ Marketing (Full Time)
- Courses starting September. Call 01539 814700 for details.
- 18:00 - 21:00
BTEC Higher Nationals are designed to provide a specialist vocational programme, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards where appropriate.
They offer a strong, sector-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding.
The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their sector and their national recognition by employers allows direct progression to employment. We teach by delivering short lectures. Tutors will also provide support to help you with your assignments. You’ll get feedback and support on your assigned coursework. You’ll also take part in workshops and work in groups for some of your presentations and project work.
This course is a HNC/D in Business (pathways in Business Management/ Marketing).
The HNC is delivered over one year and the HND over two years. The course will take place two days per week (one day likely being 3-9pm). This course is awarded by Pearson.
The course will be delivered on the Milnthorpe Road Campus.
There is an option to complete modules rather than the full qualification.
You’ll explore the basics of marketing, economics and finance, as well more specialist areas like business law and management reporting. Example modules are:
Level 4 Units
- Marketing Essentials
- Business & the Business Environment
- Research project
- Business Law
- Managing a Successful Business Project
Level 5 Units
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business Strategy
- Developing Individuals, teams and organisations
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Global Business Environment
- Human Resource Management
- Management Accounting
You will learn how to communicate well and manage people, as well as investigate organisations and behaviours. You’ll also learn to manage your own professional development and choose where you study.
Each unit will incorporate a variety of assessment methods and will have between 2-5 separate tasks to complete to achieve the full unit credit.
Practical units will involve the development of a portfolio of professional development.
The breakdown of assessment type is below:
Reports: 30 percent
Essays: 30 percent
Case Studies: 20 percent
Presentations: 10 percent
Portfolio of evidence: 10 percent
In addition to your time in college learners should plan to undertake additional independent study to enable them to complete the required assessments. Learners should allocate approximately ten hours of study per week outside of college.
How will I be assessed?
On completion of your course you will have the option to continue with your academic studies or full-time employment.
Academic options include:
- HNC - Progress to HND at the college, subject to a progression interview.
- HND - Progress to a top-up programme on a BA (Hons) Degree programme at a University of your choice. Entry requirements for your chosen destination will need to be checked.
You can choose from a wide variety of establishments and graduate training opportunitues within differing sectors of the industry including both public and private sectors.
If you wish to stay within Cumbria the local area provides a wealth of opportunity for employment.
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is 64 UCAS points, to include one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a
relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further
Students will also need 5 GCSE at A*-C including English and Maths.
Applications from individuals with non-standard qualifications, relevant work or life experience are encouraged to apply.
English language requirements:
Must be of a standard equivalent to the levels identified below;
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.5 or equivalent.
Applications for this course:
Please apply via UCAS - www.ucas.com.
Generally, you will only get student finance if you’re doing your first higher education qualification. This is true even if your previous course was self-funded. Whether you qualify for student finance depends on certain criteria, please see www.gov.uk/student-finance and our college ‘Student Money’ pages: www.kendal.ac.uk/studentmoney.
Tuition fees displayed are payable per year. The fees displayed are for UK and EU students and are reviewed each academic year.
Tuition fee loans are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn and not how much you owe and you won’t need to start repayments until you are earning more than £21,000 per year.
Enquire about HNC/ HND in Business Management/ Marketing (Full Time)
Also in Business
- → Business, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Business, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Accounting, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Business Management, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Business and Professional Administration, Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship