Courses starting September. Call 01539 814700 for details.
Course end date:
29 Jul 2020
13:00 - 19:00
If you are looking for a practical course that allows you to express your creative skill sets in Acting, this is the course for you.
The HNC is aimed at those who have some previous experience of Theatre Arts and Performance, or who show potential and demonstrate a strong interest in performance and who seek to develop their skills in order to progress to drama colleges or industry.
You will work as a professional theatre company and as that company create and deliver a series of professional productions across a wide range of performance challenges. You will develop your experience with projects that test your ‘industry ready skills’.
All the staff are experienced actors / directors and professional actor trainers with in depth knowledge of how to support you to perform to the best of your potential.
This course is delivered at our Arts and Media Campus on Beezon Road, Kendal, LA9 6EL.
- Actor training-skills & techniques
- Generating original plays & touring devised theatre
- Play Writing
- Percussion / actor - musicianship (you are not required to play an instrument)
- Clowning & physical theatre
- Storytelling as a performer
- Production - lighting and sound to costumes and specialist make-up
- Voice work for the actor and for radio broadcast
- TV & Film acting
- Audition techniques and professional development portfolios
Performance opportunities range from live touring shows to in-house productions in our Box Theatre to film screenings of your work in our film theatre. All productions will be supported by our Technical Theatre course crews as part of a truly professional experience
- Extended Diploma UAL / BTEC Level 3 course (Merit / Distinction)
- A-C pass at A Level Drama / Theatre Studies.
- Experienced performance skills may be considered against recognised qualifications.
Tuition fees displayed are payable per year. The fees displayed are for UK and EU students and are reviewed each academic year.
Tuition fee loans are available to all eligible students regardless of household income. The amount you pay back is dependent on how much you earn and not how much you owe and you won’t need to start repayments until you are earning more than £21,000 per year.