Food Safety for Supervisors (CIEH), Level 3 Award
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 09:00 - 16:30
This course is designed for managers and supervisors in food manufacturing, retail or catering businesses. Changes in legislation effective from January 2006 have placed greater responsibility and accountability on anyone in the food business with supervisory responsibility. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
This course runs over 2.5 days. Day 3 usually finishes around lunchtime when you have taken your exam.
What will I learn?
The programme, which culminates in a multiple choice exam, covers the following topics:
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedures
- Contributing to the safety training of others
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on a multiple choice exam paper.
Exam papers are available in a variety of languages. To request an exam paper in a language other than English, please notify a member of staff at the time of enrolment.
The Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety will ensure you have a greater knowledge of current food hygiene issues. It will allow you to establish best practice in your current place of work, discuss with confidence hygiene regulations with the EHO and be able to supervise others within your work place.
You do not need to have completed Level 2 in Food Safety. However, you should be working in or have experience in the food industry. You will need to bring photographic ID.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Food Safety for Supervisors (CIEH), Level 3 Award
Also in Hospitality and Catering
- → Food Preparation & Cooking (Patisserie & Confectionery), Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- → Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking), NVQ Level 3 Diploma
- → Hospitality Supervision and Leadership, (NVQ) Level 3 Diploma
- → Wine and Spirits, Level 2 Award
- → Cake Decoration