- Courses starting September. Call 01539 814700 for details.
This course will give you the skills and knowledge to solve practical problems of an electrical nature. Electrical installation is an interesting and popular career, with skilled tradesman in high demand.
The course is usually held over 3 days.
Our tutors are highly qualified with relevant industry and teaching experience. The facilities and equipment are representative of what is used in domestic, commercial and industrial settings.
The department usually runs 2 or 3 trips per year. Previous trips have included visits to local electrical wholesalers, electrical firms and providers of specialist equipment.
Kendal College have developed excellent links with local employers - many of whom offer students work experience opportunities. this adds value to the students’ CV and also allows employers to identify student’s potential.
On this programme, students will gain team work, communication, dexterity and time management skills. You will also gain an awareness of health and safety regulations.
Teaching will be 50/50 between theory or practical lessons. theory is learnt first, followed by practical and then assessment.
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a ‘C’ grade at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
The course covers:
- Understanding environmental legislation
- Working practices & principles of environmental technology systems
- Electrical Installation Planning, Preparing & Designing
- Electrical Installation Craft Skills
- Inspection, Testing, Commissioning & Certification of Electro technical systems in buildings, structures & the environment
- Diagnosing & correcting electrical faults in electro technical systems & equipment in buildings, structures & the environment
- Electrical Science & Principles
- Requirements of BS7671 and its application to electrical installations
You will be assessed by assignments and an online examination.
The awarding body is EAL.
This course will be part of a wider study programme, which may also include english & maths, work placement and additional studies.
How will I be assessed?
On completion of this qualification, students can progress onto an apprenticeship to become a fully qualified electrician.
This course is intended for those who have completed the 2330 Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation or similar qualifications.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.