Developing Graphic Design Skills (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop), Level 2
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 18:00 - 21:00
New Media has created a high demand for talented graphic designers and on this course you will explore the principals of graphic design, learn how it has evolved, and discover what the future holds for one of the fastest growing careers in the world. The course is taught using Adobe Software on Apple Mac computers.
You will learn how to choose appropriate equipment and software for a design project.
The course will also be useful to those employed in marketing, web design, fashion; and those with an interest in creating ‘on-line content’ generally.
On completion, students will acheive a Level 2 Award in Graphic Design.
Learning Styles: Taught elements, demonstrations and hands on practical tasks using Adobe CS, with tutor support.
This course will involve some personal study outside the class.
What will I learn?
You will learn basic software skills in Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.
Need to think like a designer? This course gives you the opportunity to develop the skills related to the basic elements of design.
You will learn to:
- Develop effective design ideas through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Identify the four basic design elements namely composition, colour, type, and imagery and how they communicate a message.
- Brainstorm words and images to develop a creative design concept for a client.
- Develop effective design concepts for specific types of print media.
- Identify the use of humour, drama, or realism to attract attention and associate a product with an emotion.
- Choose appropriate equipment and software for a design project.
- Provide thoughtful commentary on existing design pieces demonstrating understanding of design elements, communication, audience, and tone.
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal examination element to this course. You will be assessed via a blog portfolio of work produced throughout the course.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress onto:
- Introduction to Film Making
- Create a Website for your Business
- Graphic Design, Level 3
- Photography, Level 1, 2 or 3
Full-Time Courses (3 days a week):
- Art & Design, Level 2
- Art & Design, Level 3
- Art & Design, Foundation Diploma
- HNC/ D Film & Photography
Basic skills in using a computer. An interest in Graphic Design, and the enthusiasm to learn new skills.
Some experience of using Adobe Creative Suite would help you, but is not essential.
There are no additional course costs, or equipment requirements.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Developing Graphic Design Skills (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop), Level 2
Ready to apply for this course? Complete an Enrolment Form today
Also in Art & Design
- → Art and Design - Photography, Foundation Diploma
- → Art and Design, Foundation Diploma
- → Art and Design, Level 2
- → Art and Design, Level 3
- → HNC/ HND in Film & Photography (Full Time)