Creative & Digital Media, Level 3 Apprenticeship
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media is designed to give you the core skills needed for a successful career in Design and Marketing: Photography; Graphics and Web Design.
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working - you will normally study one day per week in College and spend the rest of the week at work.
In the first term at college, you will learn photography skills, including: planning photo shoots; outdoor and studio photography; post production techniques. These skills will then be incorporated in to producing print and web based material over the course of the Spring and Summer terms, using industry-standard technology including the latest Adobe Creative Suite. The material that you create will be based on ‘live’ projects at your place of work.
In addition to your training at Kendal College, you will also be supported at work by your employer and by a college assessor. You will be assessed in the work-place at regular intervals on work based skills including: your ability to form good working relationships; your awareness of health and safety at work; your awareness of the creative media industry in general.
By the end of the year, as long as you give 100%, you will be equipped with the skills to work in this fast-paced industry.
Completion of the Apprenticeship can lead to the Advanced Apprenticeship. Recognition of your qualifications by employers can lead to rapid career development in the workplace and successful completion of the advanced apprenticeship programme can lead to the study of a Foundation Degree.
A creative flair is essential. You must be able to provide evidence of artistic ability, strong communication skills and IT skills. You must also have secured full time employment within a creative environment, such as a marketing or design department within a business.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Creative & Digital Media, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Also in Art & Design
- → Art and Design - Photography, Foundation Diploma
- → Art and Design, Foundation Diploma
- → Art and Design, Level 2
- → Art and Design, Level 3
- → HNC/ HND in Film & Photography (Full Time)