Business, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Course end date:
- 03 Aug 2019
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in the business administration roles such as -Personal Assistant, Office Executive, or Office Supervisor, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, HOD’s etc.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the knowledge covering the broader cross-organisation processes such as business innovation, financial management and marketing, as well as the principles and practices underpinning the tasks and responsibilities such as methods of communication and information management.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence. These include developing and managing administrative systems, processes and staff. For example, using a range of internal and external communication methods and the systems that support them, organising diaries, meetings and travel, managing resources and facilities, managing administrative processes and systems and supervising staff.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification.
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Manage Personal and Professional Development
- Communicate in a business environment
- Principles of Business Communication and Information
- Principles of Administration
- Principles of Business
- Contribute to the Improvement of Business Performance
- Manage an Office facility
- Analyse and Present Business Data
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer HR Records
- Chair and Lead Meetings
- Principles of Marketing and Evaluation
- Principles of Social Media within Business
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This course provides an excellent development to your knowledge and understanding of Business and Administration and thus will assist your career development.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
- Contact local businesses and see if they have any vacancies available.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.