Bricklaying (Construction), Level 3
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
The Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying course has been designed to further develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of learners, enabling them to work and progress to higher levels within the construction industry.
The course will equip you with the skills in health and safety, advanced knowledge of building methods, interpretation of working drawings for complex masonry, setting out complex masonry structures and decorative brickwork.
In some occupational areas bricklayers would be expected to work at height and outside in all seasonal weather conditions. You are likely to need a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job (moving and handling resources, placing and fixing materials).
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a ‘C’ grade at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
What will I learn?
The Level 3 course will involve you working in our fully equipped workshop and will cover all of the theory of the trade as well as the skills needed to eventually become a skilled bricklayer.
You will have an opportunity to work with local materials such as stone and slate including preparation, cutting and setting.
During the course you will study:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries.
- Technical information, quantities and communication.
- The construction industry and built environment.
- Repair and maintain masonry structures.
- Construct complex masonry structures.
- Construct decorative features.
How will I be assessed?
The assessment methods used for the qualification will be, marking of practical brickwork models and online examinations.
On successful completion of the level 3 course you could gain employment as an advanced trainee bricklayer in order to gain a Level 3 NVQ in Trowel Occupations or progress to study Supervisory and Management qualifications.
Our students have progressed onto professional studies at univesrity/ HNC level.
You will need to have completed the Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying (Construction).
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Also in Construction
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 2
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 3
- → Carpentry and Joinery (Construction), Level 1
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 2
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 3