- Courses starting September. Call 01539 814700 for details.
This course will appeal to those who are serious about a career within the patisserie or bakery sector.
The course is delivered over 3 days, which comprises of mainly practical aspects in both the bakery and patisserie kitchen with some theory. Work experience, directed study and on line learning will also be given.
You will learn relevant skills and bakery methodology and will develop practical skills in bread and confectionery. You will get a thorough training in a broad range of bakery products ranging from chocolate work, special interest areas such as celebration cakes and artisan bread. There are opportunities for research into further specialist production, which will boost your confidence and improve your employment prospects.
On this course you will study a variety of units including:
- Understand how to control the production of bakery goods
- Design and develop specialist products - product development
- Understand how to evaluate specialist bakery goods
- Principles of preparing and handling bakery materials
- Principles of baking goods
To complement the practical aspects of the course you will learn how to:
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Principles of HACCP in food manufacture
- How to contribute to optimising work areas in food manufacture
- Diagnose problems in food manufacture
- Resolve problems in food manufacture
You will be assessed through a mix of written assignments, practical exercises and in class tests. There are no formal examinations on this programme.
Theoretical aspects of the course will mainly be assessed through assignments and short answer questions which are internally marked. Individual practice tests will take place throughout the course.
This course will be part of a wider study programme, which may also include english & maths, work placement and additional studies.
After successfully completing the Level 3 Diploma, you will have the opportunity to progress directly into employment and/or to higher levels of learning e.g. HNC/HND Hospitality Management. This qualification will enable you to apply for positions in first class establishments with the knowledge that the qualification will enhance your job prospects.
You will need a Level 2 Bakery qualification and ideally English and Maths at Grade 4 (GCSE C) or above, or alternatively at least 2 years relevant work experience.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on firstname.lastname@example.org for details. More about Student Finance.
Apply for BakeryClick here to apply
Also in Hospitality & Catering
- → Professional Cookery, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Professional Cookery, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Food & Beverage Service, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Front of House Reception, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Cake Decoration