Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
18:00 - 21:00
The animation course will introduce you to the rigours and rewards of exploring and working within this creative activity.
Animators have an evermore sophisticated range of tools with which to develop and explore their ideas and visions. This course will provide the opportunity for you to develop an understanding of the principles of animation and explore animation techniques through structured workshops.
The qualification, whilst allowing you to build on prior experience, will require you to approach new challenges to produce a personal project for your final assessment.
- An understanding of the value of animation as a tool for creative activity.
- A range of animation skills appropriate to the support of creative activity.
- A critical and analytical approach to animatic practice.
- An awareness of the different contexts, approaches and disciplines of animation within creative activity.
The programme offers assessed and non assessed routes, so that you have a choice of whether you would like to follow the qualification or undertake the course for ‘leisure’. You must tell us when you begin which route you would prefer to take. There are two assessed units comprising of some technical animation exercises and a personal animation project. This programme is assessed through online coursework, which involves some written elements. There are no exams.
The following are good courses to follow on from this qualification:
- Part time Photography (Advanced)/ Level 3
- Part time Photography Post Production using Adobe Lightroom
- Full time Foundation (Level 3/4) Photography
You may also be interested in:
- Full time Level 3 Art and Design
- Part time Graphics Level 2 or 3
- Part time Film Making
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.