Animal Care, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Course end date:
- 05 Aug 2020
This apprenticeship will give you experience of working with animals and how to manage their care professionally. A wide range of roles working with animals would be suitable for this course, from catteries, pet shops and zoos and other tourist attractions that keep animals. You will need to work with animals at least 30 hours per week.
What will I learn?
You will learn the practical skills needed to work safely in the sector and promote the best standards of care for the animals you work with. You will understand some of the behavioural characteristics and care needs of different species, how to feed and handle animals the legal requirements applicable to your role.
How will I be assessed?
A wide variety of assessments will be used to demonstrate that you a competent in working with animals. These could be observation by one of our assessors, written or recorded reports of what you have been doing, written answers to specific questions or testimony from other people stating what you have done. These will be built up into a portfolio, which is usually done online.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
This qualification demonstrate you are competent to work with animals in a wide variety of settings. For example catteries and kennels, pet shops, zoos, petting farms, animal related charities etc.
You should have the ability to pass English and Maths at level 2 and prior experience of working with animals in a work setting. You may have a related level 2 qualification but this is not compulsory if you have previous experience. In this case a reference would be required.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your apprenticeship is in.
Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. Fees will be confirmed in the Spring Term. More about Student Finance.
Apply for Animal Care, Level 3 Apprenticeship
Also in Animal Care
- → Animal Care, Level 2
- → Animal Management, Level 3
- → Animal Care, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Foundation Degree in Animal Management of British Wildlife (Full Time)