A Traineeship is an unwaged education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement for up to 6 months.
You can apply for a Traineeship if you’re:
- Eligible to work in England
- Unemployed and have little or no work experience
- Aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3
- You may be ready for an apprenticeship if you already have some work experience.
A traineeship includes:
- A work experience placement
- Help with English and maths (if required)
A traineeship is an unpaid position, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
- In Apprenticeships
- Browse Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
- Apply for an Apprenticeship
- About Apprenticeships
- Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Download our Apprenticeships Guide
- Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Information for Employers
- Open Days & Events
- Contact us