Retail (Sales) Assistant - GRASMERE CHOCOLATE COTTAGE LIMITED
Employer: GRASMERE CHOCOLATE COTTAGE LIMITED
We are a family business having been established for four years in the busy village of Grasmere. We make chocolate on the premises and sell this as well as a range of other high quality confectionary & goods to the general public. We also supply a number of premier hotels in the area and we have a online website for orders. Outside the shop we serve ice cream throughout the summer months.
Brief overview of the role: Over the years we have built a reputation for producing an excellent product and having high standards in customer service, we require someone who likes dealing with people, is naturally friendly and likes chocolate! We would like the candidate to learn all aspects of our business over the coming years.
We would like the candidate to learn all aspects of our business over the coming years, from:
- Serve a variety of nationalities of customer on a day to day basis.
- To show professionalism & friendliness to every customer entering our shop.
- Be able to weigh out a variety of products on the scales.
- Handle cash and work the till.
- Stock up chocolate and a variety of produce when required.
- Keep the premises clean and tidy on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in stock control.
- Learn to dress the window displays
- Learn a variety of chocolate making techniques.
- Package our chocolates for sale.
- Pack & send online orders.
- Answer telephone queries.
- Deliver chocolates when required.
- Attending a variety of Christmas fairs.
There are numerous other aspects to this position and the candidate will never be bored!
Future prospects: To manage the premises. Assist in chocolate making. Be fully trained as a chocolatier. Assist in moving the various aspects of the business forward.
Things to consider: The position requires flexibility and the ability to think on your feet. You will be standing for at least four hours at a time. Interview dates: Week commencing: Friday 30th June and week commencing 3rd July. Additional Wage Details: Pay scale for 16-18 year old apprentices will be a min of £5.00 per hour. Nineteen and over will be £6.50 per hour in year one and going on to minimum wage or negotiable dependant on progression from year two.
Requirements and prospects
- Friendly, cheerful with an outgoing disposition.
- A willingness to learn.
- Strong communication skills
- A good basic maths ability.
- To be able to notice when things require doing.
- Flexibility and an ability to react to changing situations when required.
- The ability not to use the mobile phone in the workplace.
- Willingness to learn
- Able to work in a small team environment.
- To like Chocolate!
- No formal qualifcations required.
Training to be provided: RETAIL, LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP
These qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate competence in the job roles such as sales assistant, retail merchandiser, sales advisors and stockroom assistant.
- Develop wider work-related knowledge such as customer services, sales, quality and stock control, and payment handling.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of skills and behaviours that supports competency in the job roles stated above, such as: communication skills, team working, numeracy and Information Technology literacy.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
What will I learn?
It is a flexible qualification, which can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual job roles and gives the learner an opportunity to:
- Broaden the depth and breadth of their learning covering concepts specific to their roles and requirements such as merchandising, bakery, visual displays and working within the multichannel retail environment.
- Provide the opportunity to understand the process of dealing with returned goods and materials, helping customers choose goods, understand the process for payments.
There will be the possibility of progressing onto a Level 3 qualification.
Ongoing training will be provided working alongside Richard , Angela and other staff members.
Off the job training will take place via Kendal College.
Hours of work:
30 to 34 hours per week. Monday to Friday with a day at College.
Pay scale for 16-18 year old apprentices will be a min of £5.00 per hour. 19 and over will be £6.50 per hour in year one.
01 Aug 2017
How to apply:
Send a current CV to: Richard or Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Apprenticeships
- Browse Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
- Apply for an Apprenticeship
- About Apprenticeships
- Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Download our Apprenticeships Guide
- Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Information for Employers
- Open Days & Events
- Contact us