Customer Services Apprentice - Grosvenor House Papers Ltd
Background to Employer: Grosvenor House Papers Limited are a Kendal-based wholesale supplier of exercise books and papers, educational and office supplies and art and craft materials. We also offer a range services including exercise book printing and production. Our main customers include local authorities and schools throughout the UK. On-site we have company offices, a large warehouse with 2 production suites a transport department and an arts and crafts shop open to the general public.
Brief overview of the role: Grosvenor House Papers are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our customer services team, with a main responsibility of processing office orders and offering excellent customer service to our customers.
As a customer services apprentice with Grosvenor House Papers you will work with our friendly and supportive sales team with a goal of providing an excellent sales and support service to our customers.
Training and support shall be provided from day one, where you will learn about the company and the range of products we sell.
Once you are familiar with the company and the sales processes you will be responsible for receiving and processing orders, responding to customer queries and building up excellent relationships with our customers, many of which are schools.
We also operate an online company; 'Paper Mill Direct'. This will provide the the apprentice with an opportunity to learn about the running of an online business and the customer service relations with online customers.
You will work in a friendly environment alongside our small customer services team to ensure that all our customers receive excellent support and to promote sales.
You will undertake a variety of office-based tasks on a daily basis, including:
· Taking general office calls
· Dealing with customer queries
· Taking phone orders
· Taking email orders
· Filing delivery notes
· Printing, scanning and other admin
· Building excellent relationships with our customers
· Using your own initiative to overcome problems
· Liaising with the Office Manager.
As well as college-based learning, this role will allow you to develop and heighten the following skills:
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
· Email (Outlook)
· Telephone manner and confidence
· Data analysis and input
· Problem solving and overcoming challenges
· In-depth knowledge of business operating software (Opera 3/ OrderWise).
This exciting opportunity will give the candidate valuable experience working in a fast-paced office.
The company operates from a sole premises which will also give you a sense of how a business runs on a daily basis.
You will be granted 1 day’s college-leave per week to learn as you work.
This role is within a fast-paced office environment. Much of the work involved will be computer based and will be best suited to a candidate who is confident/ looking to build up their confidence in using the telephone.
Requirements and prospects:
· Eager to learn and heighten skills
· Confident answering and making calls
· Good numeracy skills
· Good literacy skills
· Good IT skills.
· Confident answering and making call
Full induction and ongoing training will be provided and there will also be an opportunity to attend courses to develop skills including customer services and excel.
The priority aim of this role is to offer excellent customer service to our customer, promoting sales. This will require a candidate who has the following qualities:
· Punctual and reliable
· Possess a friendly demeanour
· Uses one’s own initiative
· Eager to learn and heighten skills.
This role will be ideal with a school-leaver looking to go into full-time employment and work towards a qualification at the same time.
Educated to GCSE level required.
• Further training and development opportunities • Further apprenticeship course opportunities • Full-time sales and customer services role with the company once qualified.
Things to consider:
Additional wage details: You will receive regular appraisals with your line manager with wage increases dependant on progress made. Additional working hours details: sick days will not be paid. Sick pay will be available once the candidate has completed 12 months of employment with the company. Overtime will be repaid using time-in-lieu. Overtime will be authorised by your line manager and take into account working hour’s legislation. If you would like to discuss the vacancy in more detail you can contact: Yvonne O’Callaghan – Sales and Office Manager Telephone: 01539 726 161 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided:
CUSTOMER SERVICES, LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in customer service in roles such as Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Operator, Call Centre Advisor, Help Desk Operative and Service Agent.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. Technical knowledge includes the principles and practices of delivering customer service and understanding the different types of customers, their needs, wants and expectations. Wider sector-related knowledge includes equality and diversity, organisational structure and environment, and legislation and regulations that govern the industry.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence. This includes communicating with customers using appropriate communication channels, resolving customer problems and complaints, building relationships with customers, promoting additional products and/or services and the ability to improve own learning and performance.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Deliver Customer Service
- Understand Customers
- Principles of Customer Service
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Communicate Verbally with Customers
- Deal with Telephone Calls From Customers
- Promote Additional Products and/or Services to Customers
- Process Information about Customers
- Resolve Customer Complaints
- Handling Objections and Closing Sales
Functional Skills in Maths and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Additional Training Information:
You will receive ongoing training and support from day one. Initially you will receive one-on-one training from Sales Manager, Yvonne O’Callaghan, who will ensure you are comfortable with your role.
You will learn about the company and the products we supply and be introduced to the software which you will be using on daily basis.
You will be taught how to receive calls and process orders.
Training courses will be provided to help hone your skills, such as Excel (beginner, intermediate and Advanced courses) customer services and sales courses and business operating software training.
Sales manager, Yvonne O’Callaghan will carry out regular reviews with you which will give you the opportunity to comment on how you think you are progressing and any areas you wish to improve on.You will be granted day release for college once a week where you will able to liaise with your tutor and identify areas to improve on and work towards your apprenticeship qualification.
Hours of work:
37.5 hours (including 1 day’s college day release) Working hours: 09:00am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday Break: 1 hour lunch break.
National Apprenticeship Wage
Westmorland Business Park, Kendal, LA9 6NP
05 Dec 2017
How to apply:
To apply for this position, the employer is requesting that you complete an application via the gov.uk apprenticeship website, you will reach this by clicking the 'apply now' button below.
It’s important to complete this form in full, answering all questions to the best of your ability, take your time and don’t rush your application. If you’re unsure and need support you can contact the Kendal College Apprenticeship Team on email@example.com or 01539 814725.