Business Administration Apprentice (Marketing Team) - Lakelovers Ltd
Background to employer: Lakelovers Ltd, as the Lake District’s oldest and most prestigious holiday letting agency, with over 460 self catering properties in our portfolio, Lakelovers Lake District Cottages are experts in our field. With properties spread through the North, Central and South Lakes, in all the most popular areas; such as Ambleside, Windermere, Grasmere and Ullswater to name just a few; we offer a wide selection of unique, hand-picked properties, with something to suit everyone.We offer a full property service to our property owners including property Maintenance & Housekeeping.
Brief overview of the role: Providing support to the Marketing Team, based in our Windermere office. This is an opportunity to join our in-house marketing team where training will be given across a wide range of business admin and marketing activities together with the opportunity to understand the organisation as a whole.
As part of the marketing team, you will be required to help the business processes within the business, as follows:
- Developing & maintaining spreadsheets
- Data input
- Assisting with the preparation and collation of statistical information
- Operating company databases
- Undertaking necessary training to complete the role
- Work in accordance with set policies and procedures
- Treating company information in a confidential manner
- Take messages over the telephone
- Manage social media accounts on a daily basis
- Website optimisation and updates
- Email marketing
- Search engine optimisation and creation
- You may be asked to write content for ads or the website under the supervision of another member of staff.
Requirements and Prospects:
- Computer literate
- Good team player
- Able to communicate effectively
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to learn in a fast paced environment
- A good team player able to work well in a team environment
- Committed, enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and "get involved"
- An interest in design/digital/technology
- You should display a high level of motivation and commitment
- Achievement of a good level of general education to a Level 1 standard (or equivalent).
Marketing skills such as those you will learn whilst undertaking this role are continuously in demand anywhere in the world. Workers with these skills perform a wide variety of jobs throughout a number of industries. You may have the ability to specialise in certain areas of marketing should you wish. This opportunity will give the chance to experience and gain an understanding of a wide variety of skills with the opportunity to focus on one or more in particular in the future. There may be the possibility of the role at Lakelovers becoming a full time permanent position.
Things to consider:
The employer has offerred the following: A varied role where attention to detail required and a good deal of computer based and creative work is envisaged. Although unlikely, there may be an infrequent requirement to work from our offices in Ambleside or Keswick, if this is the case then transport will be provided.
Training to be provided: Business Level 2
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Expected apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 02 Jul 2018
Hours of work:
Monday - Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm with half an hour for lunch.
Lakelovers House Victoria Street Windermere LA23 1AB
31 May 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position, by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.