Business Admin Support Apprenticeship - Cave and Canyon UK Ltd
Cave and Canyon UK is a leading provider of Adventure activities and professional canyoning courses. We also have an equipment store. Our main customer base is Cadets, Schools, Military groups, Stag and Hen parties and instructors looking to become qualified in canyoning. We are based in Ingleton North Yorkshire but can deliver activities throughout the UK. Cave and Canyon UK is run by Ben Bryant, managing director. Debbie Bryant manages the business administration and we use a team of highly qualified and experienced Freelance instructors to deliver our activities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to join our team. We are looking to appoint a business admin apprentice to assist the administration manager with the day to day running of the business. The ideal candidate should have good I.T skills and be able to use Excel and word documents.
The position requires good customer service skills, excellent telephone manner and a good eye for detail.
Working alongside the business admin manager the apprentice will have the opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of admin responsibilities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Administration Manager and Managing Director.
- Providing a high-quality service to our customers and to internal colleagues and visitors to our offices;
- Assisting with the organisation of meetings and attending meetings for minute taking;
- Typing correspondence and assisting with the production of business documents; printing, photocopying, filing, and other general administration.
- Assisting with management of the booking process, bookings spread sheets, and promoting rebooking by the customer.
- Assisting with finance administration, providing reception services, organising travel arrangements, collating spreadsheets/presentations and conducting research e.g. using the Internet.
- Reviewing and distributing incoming post and processing outgoing mail and maintaining office equipment and supplies.
- Assist with the full lifecycle of organising adventure activity events.
- Attend events, providing excellent customer service to support the management.
- Assist with collating and analysing data and feedback to identify actions for improvement; produce reports to assist the Director with future planning future.
- Attend venue visits and site inspections with managers.
- Assist with the creation/collation of databases.
- Assist with marketing and promotional activities via social media (Twitter/LinkedIn) and other marketing channels.
- Assist with member communications e.g. via research for briefings and fact sheets, emails, updating company websites etc.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post as requested.
- IT confident: ability to use Excel spreadsheets, ability to use Word, e-mail skills.
- Confident telephone manner
- Good standard of written English
- Eye for detail
- Maintain a professional image
- Excellent customer service.
- Friendly and approachable
- Be able to follow instruction
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to progress onto working autonomously.
- English GCSE grade C or above
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above
- IT or business studies qualifications desirable but not essential
Once completed the apprenticeship can expect to take an employed administration role within the business. On or around 30 hours per week.
This is a fast growing business and as the first employed person to join our team you should expect to see good promotion opportunities.
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in the business administration roles such as -Personal Assistant, Office Executive, or Office Supervisor, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, HOD’s etc.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the knowledge covering the broader cross-organisation processes such as business innovation, financial management and marketing, as well as the principles and practices underpinning the tasks and responsibilities such as methods of communication and information management.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence. These include developing and managing administrative systems, processes and staff. For example, using a range of internal and external communication methods and the systems that support them, organising diaries, meetings and travel, managing resources and facilities, managing administrative processes and systems and supervising staff.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification.
- See more at: http://www.kendal.ac.uk/browse-courses/business-level-3-apprenticeship-1#sthash.bDPMJngK.dpuf
Hours of work:
30 hours per week: 3 days in workplace & 1 day college release.
National Apprenticeship Minimum Wage: £3.50
28 Jul 2017
How to apply:
Apply in writing to Debbie Bryant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a CV and brief summary of why you feel you are the right person for our business.
Proposed Interview Date: 24th April 2017.
Possible Start Date: 01st May 2017.
- In Apprenticeships
- Browse Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
- Apply for an Apprenticeship
- About Apprenticeships
- Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Download our Apprenticeships Guide
- Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Information for Employers
- Open Days & Events
- Contact us