Business Admin Assistant - Grasmere Gingerbread Limited
Background to the Employer: We are a 4th generation family business established in 1854 based in Grasmere, central Lake District. We produce a unique bakery product (Gingerbread) to a secret recipe, most of its production from start to finish is by hand. We only sell from the historical shop in Grasmere but customers come from all over the world. We do have corporate customers and we also operate an international mail order service and favour service – which are mainly for weddings. We attend events and shows and undertake talks on and off site. We have an intimate team of 16 which work in the shop, bakery and office. Profiles of our staff can be found on our website. Although, we are a bakery producing, we are also a shop, and a visitor attraction so we are involved in many varied activities – too much to mention but again can all been seen on our website.
Brief overview of the role: Grasmere Gingerbread are recruiting Business Admin Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity which offers opportunities including administration and customer service support within a sales, marketing and mail order office, primarily supporting the Sales Administrator’s position within a unique family business.
The administration office of the business includes sales and marketing; events, promotions, PR and digital marketing. Also, mail order processing and dispatch. Human resources and financial management, and product administration and stock management. This is undertaken by 5 people. The sixth person is the Sales Administrator who is the first point of contact within this environment so customer interface is at this point whether by phone, or via email, other customer interface comes in through other mediums to the other areas. This position manages the day to day admin function of the business but more so the sales of favours, special orders and corporate orders and then deals with the whole process from start to finish, this area of the business is growing and support is required within this area. This person has the experience and the ability to work closely with a young person, guide and support them to undertake the following tasks;
- Dealing with customer queries that come in via phone and email
- Taking customer orders over the phone and web
- Box presentation for favours
- Production of printed ribbon on specialist computer programme
- Stock control of promotional literature and stationary
- Press Archiving
- Database input
- Parcel preparation
Requirements and Prospects
- Good communication skills – in person and written
- Basic IT skills that can be develop and an eagerness to learn
- Presentable; verbally and visually
- Time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Someone who appreciates what the region has to offer and has some knowledge of this
- The team at the Gingerbread Shop are very friendly and are looking for someone who can ask questions freely and build a rapport with their colleagues to enable them to do the task efficiently and to gain knowledge.
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- GCSE or equivalent in Business Studies/Computing/Art would assist them in the position
Future prospects: Support for the Sales Administrator would enable them to create more sales enabling the business to invest into further development creating employment opportunities
If a candidate was started at Level 2 and showed great potential, we would consider offering progression onto Level 3 qualification
Training to be provided: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP STANDARD
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Additional Training Information: This is an interesting and varied position in a small office environment and would consider candidates who want to join at the most appropriate level to them.
The person would primarily work under the Sales Administrator but would also be guided by other managers in the office. Induction for all staff in all areas of the business to gain knowledge of the business its ethos to enable the person to work with confidence. The Sales Administrator and the rest of the team will instruct and guide the person at all stages of tasks given and will only be given the tasks when the person is ready to take those on. The HR manager will also guide the person on all business operations and staff procedures. Both owner/managers work hands on in the business too. When the person is ready and able they will take on more activities – alongside other employers in the business – i.e. attending a wedding show or food event. Over and above induction in all areas we run in house training for all staff on various aspects i.e. customer service, product knowledge, etc.
Things to consider:
Applicants should consider:
- Can you get to Grasmere via own transport or public transport?
- Can you manage a job alongside the college work?
- Can you multi-task to the various tasks that are undertaken within the department?
- Are, or could you become confident enough to deal with customer interface in person?
- Are you willing to wear the staff uniform when necessary, would not be very often but has to be undertaken when at shows etc.
Additional Working Week Detail:
This would be a full-time position (including the day at college), therefore they would be working in the business 4 days a week
The hours of work are from 9am till 5.30pm with an hour for lunch
There maybe some weekend work when training on other activities but this would be hours exchanged from the normal working days
If the candidate is using public transport we are happy to work their hours around the bus/train timetables
The rate of pay would be as stated in the Government min wage scales
Hours of work:
37.5 hours p/w (4 days in the workplace and 1 day at college each week)
National Minimum Wage.
The Gingerbread Shop, Ambleside, LA22 9SW
24 May 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position, by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.