Apprentice Service Receptionist (Business Admin) - Norjac Car Dealership
About the employer: Norjac Ltd - we are a busy Car Dealership with a Sales, Service and Parts department based in Carnforth. We employ 20 + people. We are over 3 split sites and the vacancy will be within the Service Department.
Brief overview of the role: The role of Service Receptionist is a vital role within the Service Department as you are the first point of contact either face to face or over the phone. The role includes answering telephone queries, dealing with customers, liaising with bodyshops and other external sub contractors to fulfil customer requirements, including managing payments.
SERVICE RECEPTION JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. KEEP RECEPTION AND TOILET CLEAN AND TIDY
2. FILL COFFEE MACHINE (WATER, MILK, SUGAR) ETC
3. DAY TO DAY DIARY MANAGEMENT
4. DAY TO DAY DAILY OPERATING CONTROL
5. ANSWER ALL SERVICE TELEPHONE QUERIES
6. RAISE ALL JOB CARDS
7. INVOICE ALL JOB CARDS
8. FILE ALL PAPERWORK
9. RAISE ESTIMATES AND LIAISE WITH BODYSHOP/S
10. SEND OUT SERVICE AND MOT REMINDERS
11. TIE IN PICK SLIPS WITH JOB CARDS ON A DAILY
12. PHONE AND BOOK IN CUSTOMERS WHEN PARTS
13. COLLATE PARTS WITH JOB CARDS ON A DAILY
14. PRICE UP LABOUR ON HEALTHCHECKS AND CONTACT CUSTOMER REGARDING WHATS NEEDED
15. KEEP AFTERSALES LEAD MANAGEMENT UP TO DATE
16. PUT ALL WORK AND JOB CARDS ON BENCH AND LIAISE WITH GAVIN
17. PRIORATISE WORKLOAD ON A DAILY BASIS
18. CHECK IN AND OUT ALL SERVICE CUSTOMERS AND (COURTESY VEHICLES WHERE APPLICABLE) AND TAKE PAYMENT FOR WORK CARRIED OUT
19. LIAISE WITH DEALER SUPPORT REGARDING GOODWILL CLAIMS
20. LIAISE WITH SUB CONTRACTORS REGARDING REQUIRED WORK
21. DEAL EFFECTIVELY WITH CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
22. CONTACT CUSTOMERS TO BOOK IN WORK WHICH HAS BEEN AWAITING PARTS WHEN PARTS ARRIVE IN STOCK
23. SCHEDULE ALL SALES WORK WITHIN TIME SCALES OF DELIVERY DATES AND REQUIREMENT OF CLEANING
24. DEAL WITH ANY 1LINK VEHICLES – INC MOTAB
25. SEND OUT EMAC QUOTES FOR VEHICLES 3 YEARS OLD.
- IT Skills
- Driving License preferable
- Good telephone manner
- Professional Manner
- Be able to work within a team and use on initiative.
- Bright and Bubbly
- Good sense of humour.
- GSCE Maths and English A - D.
Future prospects: Whilst this position is to cover maternity leave, there are several opportunities within the dealership and within the Mitsubishi network.
Things to consider: The candidate will be working alone on the front reception desk once trained and competent.
Training to be provided:
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Hours of work:
Monday to Friday – 08.00 – 17.30 (including 1 day at college p/w). Total hours per week: 42.50
National Apprenticeship Wage £3.50 p/h.
Norjac, Scotland Road Carnforth, LA5 9JZ
03 May 2017
How to apply:
Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Becky Hensey (Service Manager) can be contacted on 01524 720139 if you have any questions about this position.
- In Apprenticeships
- Browse Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
- Apply for an Apprenticeship
- About Apprenticeships
- Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Download our Apprenticeships Guide
- Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Information for Employers
- Open Days & Events
- Contact us