Apprentice Sales Assistant Cockles Ltd - Cockles in Cartmel
About the employer: Cockles Ltd - Cockles in Cartmel is a Convenience Store and Off Licence.
Brief overview of the role: Candidate required to learn all aspects of working within a busy Convenience Store. This role will include greeting and serving customers and developing customer service skills, stock management and ordering, learning product placement to optimise sales. The ability to work as part of a team as well as individually to meet objectives.
- Meeting and communicating with customers and suppliers.
- Serving customers.
- Unloading and putting daily deliveries away.
- Stock management.
- Stock rotation.
- Keeping everywhere clean and tidy.
- Learning how to us Epos till system and back office.
- Being aware of age restictions for Alcohol and cigarettes.
- Product placement.
- Handling money to include cashing up.
- Learning opening shop and closing shop procedure.
Requirements and prospects
- IT Skills
- Maths skills
- Ability to talk to customers
- Tidy appearance
- Ability to use initiative
- Be able to work well in a team.
- None required.
Future prospects: Full time position available within the company and opportunity to progress.
Things to consider: Some heavy lifting. Must be able to work weekends evenings and early starts and all bank holidays.
Training to be provided: Retail, Level 2 Apprenticeship
These qualifications give learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate competence in the job roles such as sales assistant, retail merchandiser, sales advisors and stockroom assistant
- develop wider work-related knowledge such as customer services, sales, quality and stock control, and payment handling
- develop and demonstrate a range of skills and behaviours that supports competency in the job roles stated above, such as: communication skills, team working, numeracy and Information Technology literacy
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- have existing skills recognised
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 2 qualification
What will I learn?
It is a flexible qualification, which can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual job roles and gives the learner an opportunity to:
- broaden the depth and breadth of their learning covering concepts specific to their roles and requirements such as merchandising, bakery, visual displays and working within the multichannel retail environment.
- provide the opportunity to understand the process of dealing with returned goods and materials, helping customers choose goods, understand the process for payments.
How will I be assessed?
All takes place within the workplace. Flexible delivery and assessment to meet the needs of the student and employer.
On-the-job training presents an excellent opportunity to develop the learner’s routine expertise, resourcefulness, craft and business-like attitude.
Using an holistic approach to assessment we can match evidence to different assessment criteria, learning outcomes and units as appropriate, thereby reducing the assessment burden on learners and assessors.
Discussing and agreeing with learners and employers suitable times, dates and work areas where assessment will take place. Learners and employers will be given regular and relevant feedback on performance and progress.
To achieve a pass for the full qualifications, the learner must achieve all the units required in the stated qualification structures.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
Expected apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 11 Sep 2017
Hours of work:
30 hours 5 working days including weekends
National Minimum Wage
Aynsome Road Grange-Over-Sands LA11 6PR
01 Sep 2017
How to apply:
To apply for this position, the employer is requesting that you complete an application via the gov.uk apprenticeship website, you will reach this by clicking the 'apply now' button below.
It’s important to complete this form in full, answering all questions to the best of your ability, take your time and don’t rush your application. If you’re unsure and need support you can contact the Kendal College Apprenticeship Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01539 814725.
- In Apprenticeships
- Browse Apprenticeships
- Apprenticeship Job Vacancies
- Apply for an Apprenticeship
- About Apprenticeships
- Benefits of an Apprenticeship
- Download our Apprenticeships Guide
- Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Information for Employers
- Open Days & Events
- Contact us