Apprentice Exams Administrator - Kendal College
Full-Time (12-18 months) || Apprenticeship
Closing Date: Friday 22nd September
Interviews: Friday 29th September
An excellent opportunity has arisen to gain a Level 2/3 qualification whilst working in the Exams Department of Kendal College. The successful candidate will require good communication skills, attention to detail and will also require good IT and customer service skills.
Please note all applicants must complete a Kendal College Application Form. If you already hold a degree or a Level 4 qualification you will not be eligible for this apprenticeship. The post holder will be provide administrative support with the processes relating to student examinations, both internal and external to the College’s premises.
Job Title: Apprentice Exams Administrator
Line Manager: Exams Officer
- Processing and updating examination data onto the College’s student tracking system (Prosolution).
- Maintaining effective examination filing systems, for easy retrieval of data.
- Ensure that an effective, efficient timely registration system is operated.
- Ensure that all students are entered for the correct examination and that all registration fees and necessary paperwork has been dispatched in a timely manner, in line with the team’s quality data standards.
- To ensure that students receive examination information, results and certificates, in a timely manner.
- Develop a working knowledge of all the College’s on-line testing software.
- To ensure that all certification claims are processed in a timely and effective manner.
- To undertake staff development as appropriate to meet College targets.
- To adapt to developing working practices, ensuring effective and efficient performance, and that procedures are adhered to and deadlines met.
- To assist in the process of arranging examinations, notifying students, and arranging room requirements.
- To work flexibly to assist with a range of tasks across the exams team as required, including general office duties i.e. photocopying.
- To make telephone calls, deal with routine enquiries, supply accurate information or take messages.
- To help ensure the security of all examination papers, documents and scripts, at all times, from arrival at the College, until they are returned to the appropriate parties.
- To help brief invigilators, and supply them with all necessary documentation, for the examinations they are to supervise.
- To assist in the preparation of all aspects of College examinations, ensuring that the examination meet awarding body requirements.
- Effective use of the College’s communication systems including email and telephone.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Prosolution, to enable accurate processing of examination data.
- Understand and process FIS error reports, ensuring that examination data is accurate and ILR ready.
- Ensure a high level of customer care at all times.
- Value diversity and promote equal opportunities.
- Participate in cross College events and other marketing activities.
- Work within Health & Safety guidelines and be aware of your responsibilities for Health and safety
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Work flexibly to meet College requirements including on occasion working in other departments as directed by your line manager. This requirement is likely to be particularly relevant during holiday periods.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures. Within these boundaries, staff are expected to use initiative to resolve problems and address issues.
- Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to your area of work are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects of the post.
- Maintain a safe environment by working within Health & Safety guidelines and being aware of your responsibilities for health and safety.
- Value diversity and promote equal opportunities as well as understand responsibilities in respect of the Prevent agenda.
- Comply with an agreed dress code appropriate to the job role and the tasks to be completed, i.e. smart business dress.
- Participate in Performance Management and Professional Development activities as required. Undertake further training as needed to ensure up to date knowledge and implementation of best practice.
- All Kendal College employees are expected to act as ambassadors for the College and promote the organisation and its services positively.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks appropriate to the grade and character of work as may reasonably be required.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. However, over time, the nature of individual jobs inevitably change; existing duties may be lost and other duties gained without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the College will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the job holder in so doing.
Job description updated May 2016. CO/SL
|Qualifications||- No formal qualifications required. However willingness to gain qualifications relevant to the Appreticeship framework.||- IT Users (Level 2) or ECDL or equivalent experience in spreadsheets, word processing and complex database systems.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or L2 Literacy and Numeracy qualifications.
|Experience||- No experience necessary.||- Inputting, accessing and interpreting information from databases accurately.
- Administrative experience within an educational environment.
- Experience of customer service and working with the public.
|Knowledge & Skills||- Attention to detail.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with supervision and refer issues appropriately to line manager.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
Essential requirements are those without application will not normally be considered for appointment application will not normally be considered.
Age Appropriate National Minimum Wage.
22 Sep 2017