Apprentice Business Support (Estates Surveyor & Drone Pilot) - Dales Surveying Limited
Employer Description: Dales Surveying Ltd is a specialist independent consultancy offering property, telecoms, renewable energy and planning advice to rural and urban businesses, landowners and home owners.
Our services include:
- Land and property acquisition and development
- Renewable energy: planning applications, co-ordinating formal environmental impact assessments where needed, grant identification and Farm Energy Efficiency studies
- Site searching and identification.
An opportunity at Dales Surveying Ltd has arisen for an Apprentice in Business Support (Estates Surveyor & Drone Pilot). The successful candidate will work towards either an NVQ Level 2 or an NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration (subject to the candidates suitability and experience) whilst gaining valuable practical experience in an office environment.
Dales Surveying Ltd will provide all the necessary training, via a CAA approved ground school, in order to allow the successful candidate to obtain the required certification to fly a drone.
An element of travelling will be required and as such a driving licence is essential. The start date is flexible and the starting salary is negotiable.
Daily Duties to include:
- Compiling reports
- Lease audits
- Emailing clients
- Updating spreadsheets
- Undertaking site surveys
- Liaising with site providers and their agents
- Completing on site aerial pans using a drone.
SUBJECT TO THE CANDIDATES SUITABILITY AND EXPERIENCE, THE BTEC LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (QCF) MAY BE CONSIDERED.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROSPECTS
- The successful applicant will be able to maintain a professional demeanour at all times from the offset, and will be able to take an active role in the client interfacing aspects of the business without undue hesitation.
- The work we undertake is very much on a self-managed basis as each surveyor controls their own portfolio. As such, we will require someone who is self-motivated and driven to set and achieve their own targets.
- Team player
- Outdoors focused
- Enjoys travel
- Excellent communicator
- Keen learner.
- 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C (including Maths and English)
- Full UK Driving License and access to a car
- IT Literate, with a good working knowledge of both Windows and Google applications.
- As a surveyor, there are many different pathways that can be followed in your professional career. Key to becoming an internationally respected member of the profession is the undertaking and completion of the RICS Membership Diploma(s). If the successful candidate is suitable for a full-time role at Dales Surveying once the Apprenticeship period expires, this is an avenue that we would encourage a willing employee to go down. With these skills, a surveyor can undertake their profession in any country around the world.
Things to consider:
- In this line of work, the types of daily activity are greatly varied. From being desk-based for periods of time, to being out visiting sites in rural Scotland in all weathers, to climbing hillsides and using ATVs to access tricky locations across the UK.
- The successful applicant will have to be able to adapt to all surveying environments without complaint. Someone who would relish the opportunity to work in such a varied manner would be greatly more likely to be offered the role.
Hours of work:
38 hours per week
National Minimum Wage for Apprentices
Hawes, DL8 3PS
01 Aug 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725