Apprentice Business Sales Assistant - RNEW LTD
About the employer: RNEW LTD
Description: We are a new up and coming Electrical Wholesaler based in the heart of the lakes. We sell Electrical Products E.G Light bulbs and Cable Etc. to our local tradesmen and hotels. We are also open to the General Public. We are looking at expanding to cover the whole of Cumbria and eventually further as we have customers as far as Chorley and Burnley.
Brief overview of the role: We are looking for a hardworking, dynamic and outcoming individual. Someone who can work as part of a team to help our business grow. You will be interacting with customers both over the phone and face to face. Selling vast amounts of electrical products from as little as 1 light bulb to a scheme for a new house build.
You will be joining a new and growing business in the supply of electrical products to the industry, your role will include:
- Maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Communicating with customers directly, via telephone and email.
- Management customer accounts.
- Providing customer quotations.
- Raising sales orders.
- Negotiating sales and contracts.
- Raising Purchase Orderst
- Developing knowledge of products and their uses.
Requirements and Prospects:
- IT literate (use of computers and commonly used software)
- Good communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Maintain a professional image at all time.
- Hard working
- Be a team player
- Maths GCSE Desirable
- IT GCSE Desirable
Future prospects: Full time position within the company.
Things to consider: The successful candidate may spend significant amounts of time on the computer on some occasions.
Training to be provided:
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
Next: What will I learn?
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Business and Administration
Hours of work:
Hours: 32 hours p/w. Days: 4 p/w including college day release.
National Apprenticeship Wage £.3.60 p/h
RNEW LTD, Units 1 & 2 Elleray Corner College Road Windermere LA23 1BU
06 Oct 2017
How to apply:
Ryan Taylor, the recruiting manager would be happy to answer any questions you may have, Ryan can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.