Apprentice Business Administrator Draper Limited - Draper Limited
Background to Employer: Draper Ltd are an electrical contractor. Design, supply, installation and service of Fire Alarms & Security Alarms. Supply and service of portable Fire Extinguishers, CCTV systems, door access and suppression systems. More information available on the website: www.draperfiresecurity.co.uk
Brief overview of the role: Draper Ltd are looking to expand their team, by offering an exciting apprentice business administration position. The candidates will have responsibilities for general admin duties, see job description below for full details.
- General admin duties such as answering the telephone. Filing (manual and computer) scanning documents, processing and binding reports and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
- Update of service database, process and printing of certificates
- Processing incoming/outgoing post
- Handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- To assist in the day to day running of the office working directly with the Office Manager and Office Supervisor
Duties to include:
- Input and update of service maintenance records.
- Print maintenance certificates.
- Update service spreadsheet.
- Check engineer timesheets and reports.
- Scan documents for records and for e-mail.
- Filing manual and electronic (alpha, numeric & chronological) answer the telephone, taking details and directing the calls to the relevant personnel.
- Greet customers and suppliers to the office.
- Check and sign for deliveries.
- Post: opening and processing daily incoming post, franking and mailing outgoing post.
- Banking of cheques.
- Update and maintain purchase order log.
- Stationery stock control and ordering.
Requirements and prospects
- Good computer skills, word, excel, outlook.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Good level of English, Maths and spelling.
- Good verbal communication.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to multi-task, good telephone manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and on own initiative.
- Preferred quliaction in English & Maths.
- Full time permanent role available after successful completion of apprenticeship.
Training provider: Business, Level 2 Apprenticeship.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to: -
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS). - Have existing skills recognised.
What will I learn?
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand employer organisations
- Principles or providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Collate and report data
- Manage diary systems
- Provide administrative support for meetings
- Store and retrieve information
- Administer finance
- Administer human resource records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Hours of work:
Hours 8.30 – 5.00 ½ hour lunch break. 1 day College Total hours per week: 35.00
Wage Weekly: £3.50 per hour with regular reviews. Increases to reflect development.
Dockray Hall Mill Unit 4 Dockray Hall Industrial Estate, Dockray Hall Road Kendal LA9 4RU
15 Dec 2017
How to apply:
You can apply for this position, by creating an account on teh gov.uk website, by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.