Apprentice Business Administrator - Penny Bridge C Of E Primary School
Employer Description: Penny Bridge CE Academy is a thriving Church of England primary school with its heart in the local community. We believe in high standards, have close links with the local nursery and out of school provision, and cater for pupils aged between 4 to 11. We have one school office and this is shared by the new apprentice and the current business administrator.
This role is to assist in the provision of day to day administrative support in the school office, alongside completing a BTEC level 2 in Business Administration.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work at Penny Bridge CE Academy providing a professional administration service. Duties will be varied and will include:
- Providing professional day to day admin support for the staff and parents
- Working with members of the public, including answering verbal and telephone enquiries
- Maintaining manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Maintaining and collating pupil records
- Operating relevant IT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, internet)
- Maintain stock and supplies, ordering, and distrusting
- Manage the school cashless system
If successful, you will gain exposure and practical experience.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROSPECTS
- A good knowledge of working with Microsoft office and Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the team and the public
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grades A to D (9 to 3) including English and Maths (or the equivalent)
- There is the potential upon succesful completion of the apprenticeship to be taken on as part of our administration team
Things to consider:
- Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in the UK, Disclosure and Barring Service checks (which will include a check against the Children’s Barred List) and, for ‘relevant’ posts, a Declaration that neither the applicant nor anyone who lives or works in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009. Where a new DBS Disclosure is required, the successful applicant will be required to submit a completed form detailing previous addresses etc.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand employer organisations
- Principles or providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Collate and report data
- Manage diary systems
- Provide administrative support for meetings
- Store and retrieve information
- Administer finance
- Administer human resource records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
Hours of work:
30 hours per week
£111.00 weekly wage
Ulverston, LA12 7RQ
09 Aug 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725