Apprentice Business Administrator - SVRPOWER LTD
Background to the employer: SVR Power is an international recruitment agency with a base in Ulverston and a registered office in New Zealand. We supply tradespeople into New Zealand including the following sectors: scaffolders, fabricators and welders. Honesty and reliability are the most important values that a recruitment agency can adopt, one which SVR Power has embraced since its incorporation in 2013. Our reputation has been built on these core values, which has helped to establish SVR Power as a international independent agency who is at the forefront of supplying temporary operatives/trades personnel and construction and engineering personnel from the UK and abroad to the construction, trade and engineering sectors in New Zealand. The relationships we forge with our candidates and clients by being reliable and dependable, leads to a specific tailored approach to international recruitment; which in turn allows SVR Power to meet our customer’s recruitment expectations.
Brief overview of the role: SVR Power are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team. As a business apprentice you will join the fast paced and varied work that the business specialises in. You will be offering strong administrative support to the business to carry out its effective work overseas.
Vacancy description: The opportunity is varied and interesting for candidates interested in a career in Business, along with a unique insight into overseas work.
Key roles include:
- Answering phone calls from recruiters and customers seeking employment
- Communicating and providing updates to all parties involved (customers and prospective employers)
- Updating the databases and other relevant systems
- Working with customers to produce relevant CVs which will be used to aid recruitment
- Supporting the marketing of the business to increase our audience and generate new business
- Updating and monitoring the social media channels we use
- General office duties.
Requirements and Prospects:
- An ability to multi task and respond to changing demands
- An ability to be confident using the phone
- Knowledge of social media is important as SVR Power relies heavily on Linked In, Snap Chat and Facebook to reach its audiences
- Attention to detail is important as the business deals with visa applications, booking flights and other important personal documentation
- Confident and personable
- Can do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable (must be open to change)
Potential full time position relating to sales, marketing or training within the business upon sucessful completion of apprenticeship
Things to consider:
- Interviews will be held on 23.04.2018.
- The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour since 1st April 2017, and will rise to £3.70 an hour from the 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
Training to be provided: Business Level 2
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above
- This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised.
Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration, which includes:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF)
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
SVR are happy to consider Level 3 where the candidate has previous experience.
Expected apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Hours of work:
34 hours per week; Monday to Thursday 8.00 am - 3.00pm, Friday 8.00am - 2.00pm.
Suite 106, Ulverston, LA12 7LQ
13 Jul 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position, by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.