Apprentice Business Administration Assistant - Veritas Financial Planning
Brief employer description: We are a regulated Financial Services business providing advice to a range of personal and corporate clients in the UK. Our main advice areas are investment and pensions, combined with overall wealth management.
Brief role overview: Veritas Financial Planning are offering an exciting opportunity to join a friendly team working for a well established and respected financial adviser’s practice based in Kendal.
The role involves providing administrative support to the Practice Manager, allowing you to gain office experience within the financial services sector, with the potential to obtain industry recognised qualifications.
Role & Responsibilities will include:
- Provide reception services; both telephone and face-to-face;
- Archive information, including scanning and electronic record keeping;
- Use the voicemail system for checking and retrieving messages;
- Assist with marketing activities;
- Assist with booking client appointments using shared calendars in MS Outlook;
- Assist with stationery orders and office supplies;
- Obtain quotations from product providers and provide illustrations and product information to the Adviser as required;
- Prepare files including: compliance required documentation; research; illustrations; supporting documentation, prior to sale;
- Ensure that files are complete post-sale with all required client identification documentation and necessary application forms;
- Handle both incoming and outgoing mail;
- Process applications accurately and record the required management information;
- Maintain accurate client information, files/records, ensuring that clients are placed into a review system as agreed with the Partner;
- Prepare portfolio valuations as requested;
- Provide administration support to the Adviser/Practice Manager as required, e.g. marketing correspondence;
- Support the day-to-day business operations within the Practice;
- Project a professional image in both appearance and attitude and provide quality support on time to agreed standards;
- Attend and contribute to regular update meetings with the Adviser/Practice Manager;
- Make travel bookings and travel arrangements as required for the Adviser;
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues, clients and third parties;
- To assist with client events and seminars.
Requirements and prospects
- IT skills, including a broad knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Prioritising workload
- Good timekeeping and good time management
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Dresses in a smart and professional manner
- Works well on own tasks as well as on shared goals as part of a team
- Be friendly and approachable to clients and colleagues
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone skills to build rapport with clients
- Willingness to learn
- Demonstrates a positive attitude at all times.
- 5 GCSEs grades A* – C (or equivalent) including Maths & English (or predicted to achieve).
- Once the candidate has completed their apprenticeship, they may have the opportunity to continue in an administrative role within the business, or move into other areas of the job, such as Paraplanning, which involves research on behalf of clients to assist the Financial Adviser in making recommendations to clients. Longer term there are further prospects of a management position or moving towards becoming qualified as a Financial Adviser.
- They will also have the potential to obtain industry recognised qualifications.
The employer has asked you to consider:
- The job will involve regular hours on a computer
- Occasional travel to other St. James’s Place offices (accessible by public transport).
Training to be provided
BUSINESS, LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
- Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records.
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills and the will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
Veritas Financial Planning are happy to consider Level 3 where the candidate has previous experience.
On the job training: You will be supported within the workplace in the following areas: client management systems, office processes and relevant legislation and regulations. Training will include one-to-one support, online training courses and day courses at Manchester Head Office. This will lead to formal accreditations provided by St. James’s Place.
Off the job training: You will attend Kendal College one day per week to study towards the overarching Level 2 Business qualification, as described above.
Hours of work:
35 hours per week
£201.95 per week
Kendal, LA9 4ED
23 Jul 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.