Apprentice Beauty Therapist - Pure Essence
Employer description: We are a five star beauty salon offering high end results orientated beauty treatments to the local clientele, but also to our holiday guests. The salon is set amongst the beautiful lakeland lodges and we are part of a leisure complex. We also have two treatment rooms and a nail area above the swimming pool.
We are seeking a young apprentice to join our passionate team of beauty therapists. The candidate must already be qualified with an NVQ at Level 2 in Beauty Therapy and is looking for hands on experience/training to further their career.
The role will include assisting/observing experienced therapists, cash flow, stock control, maintaining customer care, cleaning of salon to maintain standards. Other duties include:
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of a very busy salon
- Working alongside highly trained therapists delivering a wide range of treatments
- Training will also be undertaken in house on a weekly basis and this will cover a range service treatments
- Carrying out a range of treatments to a high standard and assisting senior therapists
- Housekeeping duties in line with Health and Safety policies.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROSPECTS
- Already hold an NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time keeping
- Being organised and have the ability to manage their time
- Forward thinking and the ability to use their initiative
The succesful candidate should be:
- Team player
- NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
- There is the possibility upon succesful completion of the apprenticeship to gain permanent full-time employment.
BEAUTY THERAPY, LEVEL 3 APPRENTICESHIP
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working - you will normally study one day per week in college and spend the rest of the week at work, usually at least 30 hours per week. They are available at two levels, the Intermediate and the Advanced Apprenticeship.
You will be encouraged to develop a professional attitude by working on your skills in communication/interpersonal skills, personal appearance and social behaviour. The apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications whilst progressing your career in a hair or beauty salon and earning a wage.
If you are creative, like working with people and have lots of ambition, beauty therapy could be your pathway to success. Never have there been so many exciting possibilities at the cutting edge of the fashion, style and grooming business.
Successful beauty therapists can take their pick from many top jobs - working in top salons in the UK or on magazines or photoshoots in the fashion media. With UK beauty therapy regarded as the best in the world, there is plenty of opportunity to use your skills internationally, whilst holistic therapy can propel you into a career in spas, health farms and clinics or cruise ships.
You will be following the Hairdressing and Beauty Industrial Authority’s Framework for the Apprenticeship, which includes NVQ Diploma Level 2 or 3 and Key Skills. You will be encouraged to develop a professional attitude by working on your skills in communication/ interpersonal skills, personal appearance and social behaviour.
Beauty Therapy NVQ Diploma level 3 Units include:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Anatomy and Physiology
Students also get involved in shows and competition work.
The majority of the qualification is completed through practical assessments. These can be college based as part of your timetable or completed in the work place with your assessor.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
Hours of work:
30 hours per week (minimum) applicants should be flexible and weekend work may be required.
£111.00 weekly wage
Carnforth, LA6 1BH
29 Oct 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.