Apprentice Administrator - BUSINESS FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES LIMITED
Brief employer description: BFMS is an established proactive accountancy practice based in Grange over Sands (Est 2004). The firm encourages clients to have an ongoing monthly support package with regular calls and meetings to see how business is progressing. We are a small firm so you will benefit from learning about the whole business and working as part of a team.
Brief role overview: This role is large and varied and includes greeting clients, answering the telephone, arranging appointments, filing, archiving, typing, social media updates, advertising, post in and out, general errands, data entry and booking, preparing clients books and being able to manage the day-to-day office running.
A full time apprenticeship has become available for an Administrator and Receptionist.
This role is large and varied and includes greeting clients, answering the telephone, arranging appointments, filing, archiving, typing, social media updates, advertising, post in and out, general errands, and generally assisting the accounts team. There will also be some data entry and booking, preparing clients books for processing and being able to manage the day to day office running.
The successful candidate will be in the front office and must be very smart, enthusiastic, friendly and approachable and keen to learn new tasks with the view to having a successful career within the firm.
** FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE A BTEC LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MAY ALSO BE CONSIDERED AND THE WEEKLY WAGE IS NEGOTIABLE, DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE.
IN ORDER TO BE FULLY CONSIDERED, YOU MUST ALSO SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV WITH A COVERING LETTER TO RECRUITMENT@BFMSLTD.CO.UK. **
REQUIREMENTS AND PROSPECTS
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional image
- Friendly and approachable
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to work alone
- Flexible approach to tasks
- Eager to learn and be part of the business
- GCSE English or equivalent
- GCSE Maths or equivalent
- Proficient in IT (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- The right candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of the team with a secure permanent and long-term position within the company with room for promotion.
Things to consider
- The ideal candidate will have their own transport.
Training to be provided
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Have existing skills recognised
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including:
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
You will be assessed by portfolio, some units via exam, and observations in the workplace. You will build a portfolio of evidence relating to your job. Your Tutor and Assessor will continually assess your work; this will ensure that you meet the necessary standards to achieve the Apprenticeship.
Functional skills will be assessed via exams.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
- BUSINESS, LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP
Hours of work:
£4.70 Entry Level Apprentices (wage is negotiable depending on experience)
Grange-Over-Sands, LA11 7EX
20 Jul 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
HOWEVER, IN ORDER TO BE FULLY CONSIDERED, YOU MUST ALSO SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV WITH A COVERING LETTER TO RECRUITMENT@BFMSLTD.CO.UK.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.