Apprentice Administration Assistant - Assets - South Lakes Housing
About the employer: South Lakes Housing (SLH) is an independent, not-for-profit housing association established in March 2012. It is the largest provider of affordable rented housing in South Lakeland, Cumbria, managing over 3,000 homes and has plans to build over 300 new homes over the next few years. SLH holds the highest gradings for ‘governance and viability’ from the Homes and Communities Agency (the social housing regulator). SLH was formed in 2012 following a large scale voluntary transfer of homes from South Lakeland District Council, having previously managed the stock as an Arms Length Management Organisation since 2004. The company successfully completed a £54M improvement programme in March 2017 which formed part of the ‘promises’ made to tenants prior to the transfer of homes.
Overview of Vacancy: To work alongside the Assets Team to ensure the property and customer data is kept up to date. Communicate with our tenants about future improvements works. To assist in inputting data as a result of improvement works carried out by contractors, repairs team or project teams. To learn and gain experience of all aspects of the Housing Management and Property Management systems.
Roles & Responsibilties:
- To be able to carry out general office administration
- To be able to deal with enquiries from customers by telephone or face to face politely and with confidence
- Enter data relating to our properties to support staff in dealing with customer enquiries
- To carry out mailouts advising of improvement / repair works to our tenants
- To assist on any community events as and when necessary
- To ensure that any tasks carried out which may contribute towards gaining qualifications are recorded and the necessary evidence sheets signed by the relevant person
- To undertake such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and commensurate with its level of responsibility
- To understand and work in accordance with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policies
- To understand and work in accordance with the company’s Customer Care Policy
- To undertake the Business Administration qualification, this will require attendance at college ·
- To ensure that all relevant course work is prepared to a high standard and submitted as and when required.
- To ensure that any tasks carried out which may contribute towards gaining qualifications are recorded and the necessary evidence sheets signed by the relevant person.
Requirements and Prospects
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally.
- Computer literate and ability to use Word/Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative.
- A positive attitude towards work; reliable and have good time keeping abilities.
- Willing to undertake any training that may be necessary to improve their ability to carry out their duties.
- Willing to undertake further training in Business Administration.
- A minimum of two GCSEs Grade C / 5 or above or equivalent qualification in Maths and English.
Future Prospects: Whilst we can’t guarantee a permanent post following the apprenticeship the apprentice will be encouraged to apply for suitable vacancies should they come available. The apprenticeship will last for a two year minimum.
Things to consider:
Additional Wage Detail: We have an Apprentice Pay Scale:
Age 16 - £5.05 per hour (£9, 743 pa)
Age 17 - £6.79 per hour (13,100 pa)
Age 18 - £6.96 per hour (£13,428 pa)
Age 19 - £7.31 per hour (£14,103 pa)
Age 20 - £7.66 per hour (£14,778 pa)
Age 21 + £8.96 per hour (£17,286 pa)
Please note that there is a 3% pay award applicable from 1st April 2018.
Applicants should consider: The role will be mainly office based.
Training Provider: BUSINESS, LEVEL 2 APPRENTICESHIP
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration (QCF) is for learners who work in, or who want to work in Business Administration in job roles such as - Administrator, Business Support Officer, Office Junior, Receptionist, Membership Administrators, Personal Administrators, Administration Assistants, etc.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- Develop and demonstrate technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence. This includes the principles and practices underpinning the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job roles above as well as wider work-related knowledge such as organisational structure and environment, the use of research in business, equality and diversity and the legal context of business.
- Develop and demonstrate a range of technical skills and behaviours that supports competence in the job roles stated above. This includes communicating verbally and in writing, preparing business documents, organising and supporting meetings and events and managing information and diary systems.
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning through the development of personal, learning and thinking skills (PLTS).
- Have existing skills recognised.
- Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working.
Within the course you will learn a variety of skills and knowledge including -
- Communicate in a business environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
- Principles or Providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document Production and Information Management
- Manage Personal Performance and Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Collate and Report data
- Manage Diary Systems
- Provide Administrative Support for Meetings
- Store and Retrieve Information
- Administer Finance
- Administer Human Resource Records.
Functional skills in Maths, ICT and English would be completed if required. These are the essential and highly valued skills that we use in our everyday lives, both at work and at home, that allow you to contribute more effectively to the business you work in and achieve your full potential.
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 09 Apr 2018
Hours of work:
37 hours per week, Monday to Friday with one day per week on day release.
Competitive Apprentice wage (see more details below).
Bridge Mills Stramongate Kendal LA9 4BD
19 Mar 2018
How to apply:
You can apply for this position, by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from Student Services at Kendal College on 01539 814725.